The noun ZINC OXIDE has 1 sense: 1. oxide of zinc; a white powder used as a pigment or in cosmetics or glass or inks and in zinc ointment Familiarity information: ZINC OXIDE used as a noun is very rare.
Translation for 'zinc oxide' in the free English-Japanese dictionary and many other Japanese translations. bab.la arrow_drop_down bab.la - Online dictionaries, vocabulary, conjugation, grammar Toggle navigation
zinc oxide. n a white insoluble powder used as a pigment in paints (zinc white or Chinese white), cosmetics, glass, and printing inks. It is an antiseptic and astringent and is used in making zinc ointment. Formula: ZnO, (Also called) flowers of zinc, philosophers wool.
See our complete line of Non-Nano Zinc Oxide products > What is zinc oxide? Zinc is a powered mineral that sits on top of the skin. It can stand alone as a sunblock because it is truly effective against UVA, UVB and even UVC rays. It has been widely used in diaper creams because of its safety and effectiveness. Titanium Dioxide does not protect from UVB rays in the same way zinc does.
Apr 27, 2015· Video shows what zinc oxide means. An amorphous solid, ZnO, white when pure but often pale yellow, used in pigments and cosmetics. zinc oxide synonyms: calamine, Chinese white, flowers of zinc .
Definition of flowers of zinc in the AudioEnglish Dictionary. Meaning of flowers of zinc. What does flowers of zinc mean? Proper usage and audio pronunciation (plus IPA phonetic transcription) of the word flowers of zinc. Information about flowers of zinc in …
zinc definition: 1. a chemical element that is a bluish-white metal, used in making other metals or for covering…. Learn more.
Zinc Oxide Definition - Zinc oxide is an inorganic compound, white in color and is available in a powdered form. The chemical formula for zinc oxide.
It is local name in Urdu language for Zinc Cyanide - Zn(CN)2, mainly used in zinc electroplating.
zinc oxide in British. noun. a white insoluble powder used as a pigment in paints (zinc white or Chinese white), cosmetics, glass, and printing inks. It is an antiseptic and astringent and is used in making zinc ointment.
zinc oxide translation in English-French dictionary. . zinc oxide is applied to a substrate layer or a composite of substrate layers in the form of a dispersion in which the zinc oxide particles are present with a mean aggregate diameter of less than 200 nm to form a zinc . All languages Transliteration Interface language. Advanced.
zinc oxide nnoun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc. (chemical compound: white powder) óxido de cinc loc nom mlocución nominal masculina: Unidad léxica estable formada de dos o más palabras que funciona como sustantivo masculino ("ojo de buey", "agua mala").
Example 1: Brand A: 15% Zinc Oxide. Brand B: 7% Zinc Oxide + 8% Titanium Dioxide. This is a clear case. Choose Brand A. While the total percent concentration of active ingredients is the same for both (15%), Brand A will give you more UVA protection, all other things being equal between both brands.
In recent times, zinc oxide and titanium dioxide can be manufactured at nano sizes, and are popular in sunscreens that want to avoid using hormone-disrupting chemicals while still providing sheer sun protection. The revolutionary small size of the particles is both a blessing and a curse.
A dental fixative made by mixing zinc oxide and eugenol commonly used to cement restorations in place temporarily. Synonym(s): unmodified zinc oxide-eugenol cement.
Zinc oxide is an inorganic compound with the formula ZnO. ZnO is a white powder that is insoluble in water, and it is widely used as an additive in numerous materials and products including rubbers, plastics, ceramics, glass, cement, lubricants, paints, ointments, adhesives, sealants, pigments, foods, batteries, ferrites, fire retardants, and first-aid tapes. Although it occurs naturally as the mineral zincite, most …
zinc definition: Zinc is a metallic element with a blue-white color used as a protective coating for iron and to make metal alloys like nickel silver. (noun) An example of zinc is to glavanize by covering iron with zinc…
Jun 26, 2019· Zinc oxide is a mineral. Zinc oxide topical (for the skin) is used to treat diaper rash, minor burns, severely chapped skin, or other minor skin irritations. Zinc oxide rectal suppositories are used to treat itching, burning, irritation, and other rectal discomfort caused by …
zinc oxide n a white insoluble powder used as a pigment in paints ( zinc white or Chinese white ), cosmetics, glass, and printing inks. It is an antiseptic and astringent and is used in making zinc ointment.